Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2/3 cup Sugar, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 7-ounce can flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rice, 1/3 cup Sugar and milk in large saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thick and creamy, about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring often. Stir in vanilla; cool.
- Heat pineapple and remaining 1/3 cup Sugar in small saucepan until Sugar dissolves; cool.
- Blend brown sugar with butter, coconut, lemon peel and cinnamon.
- Alternate layers of pudding, pineapple and coconut mixture in parfait glasses or one large serving dish.
- Repeat layers ending with coconut mixture. Chill before serving.