Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple (drain; reserve juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Combine rice, 2-1/2 cups milk, 1/3 cup Sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup milk together; add to rice mixture and cook an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and add pineapple and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool.
- Beat egg whites and remaining 2 tablespoons Sugar until peaks are stiff but not dry.
- Fold into cooled rice and turn into buttered 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 325 degrees 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved juice with cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until clear and thickened.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spoon over warm or chilled pudding.