Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rice, 2-1/2 cups milk, Sugar and butter in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks; add remaining 1/2 cup milk. Stir into rice and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; add pineapple with juice and cinnamon. Cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into cooled rice.
- Pour into buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees 25 to 30 minutes.