Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 2½ cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple and juice
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Add creamed mixture, 1 heaping tbsp at a time, alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla and stir in crushed pineapple with juice, blending well.
- Pour into well-greased 10" tube pan.
- Place in cold oven.
- Set temp at 325°F.
- Bake 1½ hours or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Mix glaze ingredients together and pour over cake while still hot.
- Cool before serving.