Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My friend gave this recipe to me a long time ago and my family loves it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3 cups French bread, cubed into 1/2 inch sections
- 1 (15 ounces) can crushed pineapple (Drain the syrup and save)
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease either a a square baking dish (8x8x2) or an oblong dish (10x6x1 1/2) Place bread cubes in greased dish, spread the pineapple on top.
- Lightly beat egg yolks in a small bowl, stir in brown sugar,lemon peel,cinnamon,salt and the reserved syrup.
- Slowly stir in the coconut milk.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes and pineapples.
- Bake uncovered about 30–40 minutes, or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on med.speed until foamy.
- Beat in 1/4 cup Sugar, 1 TBS at a time, and beat until stiff and glossy.Spread over pudding.
- Bake until golden brown, approx 8–10 minutes.Let stand 5–10 minutes before serving.