Inducing a sour combination of real fruit, fruit juice, and soy sauce from the use of the barbecue, this golden, sweet marinade is great on meat and seafood, and keeps a bold aroma with the pineapples. Garlic powder sometimes replaces the garlic cloves and works for this recipe, too.
- 1 cup pineapple juice, store-bought only
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, optional
- ¼ cup sugar, brown only
- ¼ cup soy sauce, dark or light only
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, pineapple tidbits (optional), brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce. Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour or spoon contents from the homemade marinade into a glass or plastic jar but reserve this in the refrigerator. Use on meat or seafood and for grilling and/or basting.
Servings: 3 cups or 4 tablespoons