This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup finely crushed saltines
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground fresh pork
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple undrained
- In a large bowl beat eggs then add milk, crackers and pepper then add ham and pork and mix well then shape into loaf and place in shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl combine sauce ingredients and pour over loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 1½ hours.