Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Categories: Oriental
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 large fresh pineapple, trimmed and diced
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 oz Chinese dried mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil, preferably peanut
- ¼ lb Chinese long beans - (or green beans),
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- Carefully cut off and save the pineapple top, leaving about 1-inch of the pineapple under the leaves.
- Scoop out the inside fruit leaving the skin of the pineapple whole to use as a bowl for the fried rice.
- Coarsely chop the pineapple meat.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes until they are soft.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the mushrooms and remove and discard their stems.
- Cut the caps into small dice.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until it is hot.
- Then add the oil and wait until it is almost smoking.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, beans and stir-fry for one minute.
- Mix in the cooked rice and stir-fry it for one minute.
- Add the eggs, soy sauceand fish sauce and continue to stir-fry for five minutes over high heat.
- Add the chopped pineapple and continue to stir-fry for about two minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into the hollowed-out pineapple shell, replace the top and serve the remaining rice on a platter.