Pineapple juice and light rum are mixed with club soda for extra powerful taste. Lime or lemon zest sometimes works for this for garnishing, too.
- 2 oz. light rum
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon pineapple syrup, optional
- ½ tsp. powdered sugar or white sugar
- club soda
- sliced lemon zest, optional
- Pour pineapple juice, shake with ice, and strain into glass ¼ full of ice cubes.
- Fill with club soda, pineapple syrup (optional), and light rum and stir gently. Pour into beer mugs or other glasses.
- Serve cold and plain or with other fruits or appetizers. Top with the lemon zest and/or pineapple syrup, if desired.