Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pineappla chutney. Use this chutney with any of dish with curries.
- Makes 2 quarts
- 1 cup green pepper, in ¾-inch cubes
- ½ cup onions, chopped in ½-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole orange
- ½ cup black seeded raisins
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, in ½-inch dice (or use canned tidbits)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp preserved candied ginger, cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a 1-gallon saucepan: combine green pepper, onions, fresh tomatoes, in ¾-inch cubes, lemon, cut in ½-inch cubes with skin left on, orange, cut in ½-inch cubes with skin left on, black seeded raisins, pineapple, vinegar, white sugar, [[brown sugar.
- About brown sugar|dark brown sugar]], preserved candied ginger and salt.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- If mixture appears thick, add 1 cup pineapple juice.
- One teaspoon powdered ginger may be used in place of the preserved ginger.
- Pack in hot sterile jars.