Pineappla chutney. Use this chutney with any of dish with curries.
- Makes 2 quarts
- 1 cup green pepper, in ¾-inch cubes
- ½ cup onions, chopped in ½-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole orange
- ½ cup black seeded raisins
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, in ½-inch dice (or use canned tidbits)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp preserved candied ginger, cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a 1-gallon saucepan: combine green pepper, onions, fresh tomatoes, in ¾-inch cubes, lemon, cut in ½-inch cubes with skin left on, orange, cut in ½-inch cubes with skin left on, black seeded raisins, pineapple, vinegar, white sugar, [[brown sugar.
- About brown sugar|dark brown sugar]], preserved candied ginger and salt.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- If mixture appears thick, add 1 cup pineapple juice.
- One teaspoon powdered ginger may be used in place of the preserved ginger.
- Pack in hot sterile jars.