Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 pkg active dry yeast (1 tbsp)
- ¼ cup warm water (110°F – 115°F)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 x 8 oz crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 1 cup grated carrots (2 medium)
- ¼ cup raisins (dark or golden)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup bran
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in a bowl.
- Stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Combine the egg, honey, yeast mixture, unbleached white flour, and the pineapple in a mixing bowl.
- Beat well.
- Let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes covered with a wet towel.
- Add the carrots, raisins, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sunflower seeds, whole wheat flour, bran and oil.
- Blend well.
- Spoon the dough into a lightly oiled 10 inch tube pan.
- Let rise until doubled in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes; then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutritional information Edit
Energy per serving (1/16 of recipe): 130 calories