The sweet combination of pineapple and strawberry is made great in flavor. You can also make this with other fruits prepared with gelatin and cream.
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon-package unflavored gelatin
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (drain; reserve syrup)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 10-ounce package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped and sweetened
- Soften gelatin in pineapple syrup; heat to dissolve.
- Combine gelatin, pineapple, rice, 1/2 cup strawberries (including syrup) and vanilla.
- Whip egg whites with sugar and salt until stiff but not dry; fold into rice mixture.
- Fold half of whipped cream into mixture.
- Spoon into individual molds (about 3/4 cup each).
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto cold plates and top with a dollop of whipped cream and remaining strawberries.