Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yes, this said 1 serving... but I wonder if that is correct with one can of beans...Hmmm...Take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Rest Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1
- ¼ cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 can white kidney beans
- ¼ cup sour cream, light or fat-free
Pine nuts Edit
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ tsp salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend or other salt-free seasoning blend
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- assorted vegetable dippers (such as peeled baby carrots, zucchini slices, pea pods, yellow summer squash sticks, and/or red sweet pepper strips)
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine beans, sour cream, the 3 tablespoons pine nuts, seasoning blend, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
- Add bread crumb mixture.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Stir in snipped or dried oregano or basil.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional pine nuts and garnish with basil or oregano leaves.
- Serve with assorted vegetable dippers.
Nutritional information Edit
- 40 Calories | 1g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 70mg Sodium | 1mg Cholesterol | 7g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 3g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ starch | ½ carb choice