Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks (drain; reserve juice)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted, (reserve a few for garnish)
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked Chicken, left in large pieces
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 6 maraschino cherries, quartered (optional)
Combine pineapple juice, broth, Sugar, cornstarch, lime juice and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until thick and bubbly, stirring often. Carefully add pineapple, coconut, green pepper, almonds, Chicken and rum; heat through. Serve over beds of fluffy rice. Garnish with cherries and reserved almonds.