This is one I have had for many years, give it a try...
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 10 Servings
- 1 Hour 15 minutes Prep
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut
- ⅓ cup white rum
- 1 (20 ounce) can drained pineapple rings
- 6 maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 large egg whites, only
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- decorate with some maraschino cherries, halves if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350°F .
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt butter in a sauce pot and remove from heat.
- Add crumbs stir in well.
- Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Add in the sour cream and yogurt and eggs beat until smooth.
- Beat in the sugar and flour.
- Stir in the creamed coconut and the rum.
- Cut three of the pineapple rings into even sized pieces.
- Stir the pineapple into the cheese mixture.
- Stir in the 6 chopped cherries, combine well.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Mound mixture over the cheesecake.
- Cut remaining pineapple rings into wedges.
- Dot the cheesecake with the pineapple wedges and the cherries over the top of the meringue.
- Place back into the oven for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden brown—remove let cool room temperature.