- 2 cups tomato sauce, canned
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup white onions, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper (pilli-pilli)
- In a 2-quart bowl blend the canned tomato sauce, lemon juice, chopped white onions, garlic powder and crushed red pepper.
- Keep refrigerated in covered container.
- Serve as a relish sauce in a bowl.
- When used with seafood add ¼ cup grated horseradish. An excellent cocktail sauce.
- Add 2 oz (¼ cup) dry red wine for a gourmet sauce for bland meats.
- Add ½ cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes as they do in some parts of Africa.