Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rice pilaf with shrimp
- Serves 6 – 10
- 1½ pounds shrimps
- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1½ cups oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1½ pounds tomatoes, peeled, strained or 1 tablespoon tomato paste diluted with 1 cup water
- 2½ cups raw rice
- Wash the shrimps and put into pot.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Add salt and whole onion and celery, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimps with slotted spoon and keep the liquid.
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- Heat the oil in pot.
- Saute chopped onions until light golden.
- Add shrimps, turning 2 or 3 times.
- Add tomatoes (or tomato paste).
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- More, then remove shrimps.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Measure liquid in which shrimp were boiled, allowing 2½ cups.
- For each cup of rice.
- Add liquid to the pot with the tomato sauce.
- Bring to the boil and add the rice.
- Stir for the first few minutes to prevent sticking.
- Cook about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Until the rice is tender but has not absorbed all of the liquid.
- Add ⅔ of the shrimps.
- Mix well.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Cover with a clean towel and cover the towel with the lid.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- , until all liquid is absorbed.
- Mold rice into a pyramid shape.
- Garnish with remaining shrimp.