Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 ounce lean salt pork dice
- 1 cup chopped Spanish onions
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 large tomato, peeled chopped
- 1 to 2 leaves of cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp crumble died oregano
- a pinch of saffron
- 6 to 10 green Spanish cocktail * 1 teaspoon of capers
- 1 med green pepper finely chopped
- 4 ounces lean cooked ham cut into dice cubes
- 1 pound of calabaza (pumpkin) cut into cubes
- 1 quarts chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the salted pork in skilletover moderate heat until crisp.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook until soft and transparent, pour all into a 4-quarts cassarole.
- Add 1 quarts of chicken stock (optional add 1 cup of rice at this time if desired).
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green peppers and ham, cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin cubes, , caper,bay leaf, oregano, saffron, cilantro, capers and green pigeon peas ("gandules"), bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover tightly and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.