Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Empanada of mandioca
- 1 kg of mandioca
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fat
- 1¼ cup corn flour
- ½ cup sifted flour
- fine salt to taste
- leftover meat
- Boil the mandioca in salt water until tender, then mash either using a food processor, masher or mortar.
- Put on the table mandioca with corn flour.
- Add the fat, egg and regular flour.
- Knead well.
- Stretch out the dough with a rolling pin, dusting the mass and the table with the corn flour.
- Form rounds of 9 cm diameter, more or less.
- Fill up with So'o Ku'i (leftover meat), with hard-boiled eggs or picadillo.
- Dampen the edges with water, close the empanadas and pass the borders through a raviolera, or scallop the edges manually.
- To fry in oil or very hot fat.
- Serve immediately.