Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This meat-and-Cheese tart makes a satisfying main course that’s easy to serve alfresco.
- 2 teaspoons Atkins Quick QuisineTM Bake Mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped Spinach
- 1/2 pound lean ground Beef
- 1/2 pound hot Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Scallions, with some green portion
- 1 cup thinly sliced Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup strained or crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped roasted red Peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 drained roasted red Pepper, cut into thin strips, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (optional)
1. Lightly butter sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Evenly sift bake mix onto sides and bottom of pan; set aside. 2. Cook spinach according to package directions. Transfer to a strainer. With a spoon, press spinach firmly against sides to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside. 3. Heat oven to 375 °F. Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Crumble in ground Beef and Sausage. Cook until meat is browned, about 10 to 12 minutes, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Transfer to a colander to drain off any fat. Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add scallions, Mushrooms and garlic. Cook until scallions and Mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in browned meat. Add strained tomatoes, 1 cup of the mozzarella and the Italian seasoning, stirring until well combined. Transfer mixture to prepared springform pan, spreading into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Press firmly into pan. 4. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg. Add spinach, remaining 1 cup of the mozzarella, the 1/4 cup of the roasted red pepper and the pepper; stir until well combined. Spread over Beef mixture, pressing down firmly. Arrange remaining roasted red pepper strips in center; sprinkle Parmesan over top. Place springform pan on a large baking sheet with a rim. 5. Bake until Parmesan is lightly browned and tart is heated all the way through, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes on baking sheet. Run a sharp knife around sides of tart, release the sides of the springform pan and transfer tart to a serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.