- Bring water and salt to a boil, stirring to make sure all the salt is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Peel turnips.
- Cut small turnips into sixths; larger turnips can be cut thick strips (about the size of a large french fry).
- Peel beet and cut into thick strips.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut each one into quarters.
- Layer turnips in a large sterilized glass jar, interspersing them with the beet strips and garlic.
- Combine the cooled salt solution with the vinegar, and pour over the turnips.
- Make sure no large air bubbles remain.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap over the opening, and put the lid on the jar.
- Store pickles in a cool place for at least three weeks.
- The turnips will turn bright pink.
- Refrigerate after opening.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.