Purchased from the Rosenthal Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1989. Date and source of recipe unknown.
- 2 pounds kielbasa Sausage, cut into small pieces
- 3 medium white onions, sliced
- 5 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Put Sausage in a jar with sliced onions.
- Use cooked Sausage and don't re-cook.
- Boil rest of ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over Sausage and let set in refrigerator 2 days before serving.