My Aunt Maggie made these every summer and canned them as far back as I can remember. I got this recipe from her in 1984 and she had used it for years. Date and source unknown.
- 1 dozen green bell peppers
- 6 red bell peppers
- 6 yellow bell peppers
- 3 large white onions, chopped very fine
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 pints vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Cover peppers and onions with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain, cover again with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Dray until very dry. Add 3 tablespoons salt, 2 pints vinegar and 2 cups granulated sugar.
- Cook for 15 minutes and pack into jars.