Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My Aunt Maggie made these every summer and canned them as far back as I can remember. I got this recipe from her in 1984 and she had used it for years. Date and source unknown.
- 1 dozen green bell peppers
- 6 red bell peppers
- 6 yellow bell peppers
- 3 large white onions, chopped very fine
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 pints vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Cover peppers and onions with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain, cover again with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Dray until very dry. Add 3 tablespoons salt, 2 pints vinegar and 2 cups granulated sugar.
- Cook for 15 minutes and pack into jars.