Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Source: Choice Cooking, Canadian Diabetes Association c. 1986
- Makes about 2 cups
- ½ large onion
- boiling water
- ½ cup vinegar, white or cider
- ½ cup water
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Separate into rings and put into a two cup sterilized jar.
- Pour boiling water over to cover onions.
- Allow to cool, then drain.
- Mix together vinegar, water, sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce and bring to a boil.
- Pour over onion rings.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Use after 2 days.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.
Nutritional information Edit
Diet serving 2 – 3 onion rings each 1 ++ extra approx. 3 g carbohydrate, 12 calories.