Pickled Jalapeno Peppers (1 quart jar)
- Jalapeno peppers (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed pickling spices
- 2 carrot slices, 2 celery sticks and a garlic clove (optional)
Caution: Always wear gloves or coat hands with fat when working
with hot peppers. They may cause burns.
1. Wash peppers and pack into a hot jar.
2. Add carrot slices, celery sticks and a clove of garlic if desired. Pack tightly, leaving 2-inch headspace.
3. Combine vinegar, water salt and pickling spices. Heat to boiling.
4. Pour boiling hot liquid over peppers to two inches from top of jar top. Remove air bubbles by running a plastic knife or rubber spatula down the side of the jar, rotating, releasing trapped air between the peppers.
5. Wipe jar rims clean. Adjust prepared two piece canning lid. Process jar in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
6. Using jar lifters, remove to a draft free area, and allow to cool. Check the seal. Label the container.
Grant me the Serenity to prioritize things I cannot delegate, the Courage to say No when I need to,
and the Wisdom to know when to go home.