Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Scroggins Estate in Royse City, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- few drops green food coloring
- few drops yellow food coloring
- 4 cups sliced green onions
- ½ teaspoon mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- In saucepan combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt then bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Cool then add food coloring to syrup.
- In a one quart container combine onions, mustard seed and celery seed.
- Pour syrup over all then cover and let stand overnight.
- Add more onions to fill container then refrigerate 3 days before serving.