Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beni shoga - that pink pickled ginger in sushi bars
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Scrub the ginger under running water as you would a potato for baking.
- Blanch it in boiling water for one minute and drain.
- Peel and slice thinly, i used a potato peeler for the slices and well as peeling.
- Combine mirin, sake, and sugar in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the ginger into a sterilized jar and pour the cooled vinegar over the ginger.
- Cover and keep 3 – 4 days before using.
- Will keep refrigerated for up to one month.
- The pale pink color develops as it ages, however, you might want to add a small amount of red food coloring.