Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 pieces
- 1 sheet nori
- daikon, peeled and sliced into two 7 inch (175 mm) long thin strips
- 1⅓ cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Namida® wasabi paste to taste for the sushi plus additional as an accompaniment if desired
- soy sauce as an accompaniment
- pickled ginger as an accompaniment if desired
- Sprinkle daikon strips lightly with salt.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse daikon with cold water and pat dry.
- Cut nori sheet in half.
- Place half sheet of nori, shiny side down, on bamboo mat or plastic sheet.
- Spread ⅔ cup of cooked sushi rice evenly on nori sheet.
- Place sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook, shaking pan until seeds lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spread a thin film of wasabi paste down centre of rice, sprinkle with browned sesame seeds, top with a strip of daikon, and roll sushi into a cylinder.
- Press bamboo mat or plastic sheet around rolled sushi to seal the edges.
- Repeat steps 3 to 10 to make a second roll.
- Place sushi on a cutting board, slice each roll into 6 pieces.
- Serve with wasabi paste, soy sauce, and pickled ginger.