Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Woods Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Dated 1941.
- 20 ears of fresh corn
- 3 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 2 large sweet green peppers, chopped
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Blanch the corn on the cobs for 5 minutes and cool.
- Cut corn from cobs and place kernels in large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Pack the boiling hot relish into hot clean pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Run a knife down around the inside of each jar to remove air bubbles.
- Adjust the lids and process for 90 minutes.
- Store sealed jars in a cool, dry, dark place for at least six weeks before serving.