Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note that the black-eyed peas must marinate overnight.
- 2 cans (1 pound each) black-eyed peas, drained
- ¼ cup minced dark purple bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 branches fresh thyme, crumbled
- 1 head Boston lettuce, separated into 8 leaves
- Pour the drained black-eyed peas into a medium-sized bowl and add the bell peppers, garlic, and onion.
- In another bowl, combine the vinegars, olive oil, and thyme to form the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the black-eyed pea mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight so that the flavors blend, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, place the lettuce leaves on individual plates, spoon the black-eyed peas onto the lettuce, and serve.