Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 7 pounds firm bell peppers
- 3½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 9 cloves garlic
- 4½ teaspoons canning or pickling salt
- Wash peppers and cut into quarters then remove cores and seeds and cut away any blemishes.
- Slice peppers in strips.
- Boil vinegar, water and sugar for 1 minute then add peppers and bring to a boil.
- Place ½ clove of garlic and ¼ teaspoon salt in each hot sterile half pint jar.
- Add pepper strips and cover with hot vinegar mixture leaving ½-inch headspace.
- Adjust lids and process in boiling water canner for 5 minutes.