- 1 1/2 cups shelled piñon nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1. Grind piñons in food processor or blender until coarse and mealy. Mix ground nut meal with flour, salt and Sugar, and add milk to form stiff batter. Set aside, and refrigerate 1 hour before cooking.
2. Heat griddle, and grease with 1 tablespoon butter. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto griddle, pressing thick batter with well-greased spatula into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick cakes, 3 inches in diameter. Turn cakes once as they begin to brown.
3. Remove from heat, and keep warm under clean towel in cool oven. Continue cooking remaining batter until it is used up. butter griddle between each batch of hotcakes.