- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 14 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 160 °F.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in fruit mixer and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1-gallon hand-turned or electric freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt; let stand 1 hour.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and strawberries as desired.