Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 broiler pheasants (1½ pounds each), dressed
- ½ lemon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- juice of 3 oranges (reserve shells)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Muscatel wine
Nutted rice in fluted orange cups Edit
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- Rinse pheasants inside and outside with warm water. Drain well.
- Rub pheasants inside with lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in baking dish, breast side up. Spread with butter.
- Add orange juice, raisins, lemon peel, chicken broth and wine to the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
- Serve with Nutted rice in fluted orange cups.