Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork stew with radish
- 1 medium onion (about 4 ounces), peeled and coarsely chopped
- about 1-inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 – 4 ounces daikon or white radish, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder, cut into 6 inch pieces
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 lbs bok choy, stems removed and leaves cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large fresh green chili pepper, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the pork, onion, daikon, water, chili powder, and salt and simmer over low heat until the pork is just tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bok choy in a saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, bok choy, and chili pepper to the stew and simmer over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.