Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 5 dozen cookies
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup honey
- powdered sugar
- In a bowl, whisk first 8 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In 2nd bowl, beat butter,eggs, and zest until smooth, beat in honey until combined, beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dough overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Form 1 tsp dough into a ball.
- On floured work surface, form each ball into a 2½ inch long log.
- Blend into crescent shape and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, cool 1 minute.
- Roll warm cookies into powdered sugar.