Small, bite-size, fancy iced cake, generally made with white or chocolate flavored cake but any flavor can be used.
Also refers to a small, decorative, rich cookie.
- 2¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup shortening
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
1. Cream together the sugar, butter and shortening until smooth then beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, until fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt).
3. Add this flour mixture and the evaporated milk to the original mixture alternately. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed, then fold in the sour cream.
4. Spread onto a parchment lined half sheet pan. Bake at 325°F until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (25-35 minutes - but check at 25 minutes!).