- 1 pint very red strawberries, ripe
- 1 med orange
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp sweet vermouth
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoons Sugar (optional)
- Wash and hull strawberries; cut in half.
- Slice ends off orange; quarter orange lengthwise and slice orange wedges crosswise with rinds left on, as thin as possible.
- Put strawberries and oranges in a bowl; mix well.
- Mix together the orange juice and sweet vermouth and drizzle over fruit mixture; stir to mix.
- Check to see if berries have enough natural sweetness for your taste; if not, add sweetener.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator 2 hours before serving; stir gently several times to blend flavors.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per serving: 1 fruit exchange; cal: 56; cho: 11g; pro: 1g; fat: 0g; sod: 1 mg; cho: 0 mg; low-sodium diets: This recipe is excellent.