Makes 6 servings
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 x 6-ounce packages precooked, grilled chicken strips, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup basil pesto sauce
- 1 cup provolone cheese cubes, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes in 2-quart saucepan. Pour 2 cups hot water over tomatoes; let stand 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain tomatoes and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine rice, chicken strips and basil pesto.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cheese and vinaigrette; add to rice mixture. Toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.