- 4 slices Italian bread, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) Tuna, drained
- 4 slices mozzarella Cheese (about 6 ounces), cut diagonally in half
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Set oven control to broil.
Place bread on ungreased cookie sheet.
Broil with tops about 4 inches from heat until golden brown; turn and broil until golden brown.
Spread bread slices with pesto.
Top with tomato, Tuna and Cheese slices.
Broil about 1 minute or just until Cheese begins to melt.
Sprinkle with pepper.
- Makes 4 sandwiches