Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peaches in wine.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Tastes of Italia
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 to 6 yellow flesh peaches
- 1 cup red wine, such as chianti
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- fresh mint, if desired
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Carefully drop the peaches into the water and boil for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Carefully remove peaches and let cool to touch.
- Peel off skins and remove pits.
- Cut the peaches into ⅛ inch slices and set aside.
- In a medium pan, combine wine, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cook on medium for about 10 minutes until a syrup is formed.
- Remove and let cool.
- To assemble; divide peaches among 4 wine glasses.
- Pour syrup over peaches and garnish with fresh mint if desired.
- Serve with biscotti.