Peaches in wine.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Tastes of Italia
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 to 6 yellow flesh peaches
- 1 cup red wine, such as chianti
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- fresh mint, if desired
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Carefully drop the peaches into the water and boil for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Carefully remove peaches and let cool to touch.
- Peel off skins and remove pits.
- Cut the peaches into ⅛ inch slices and set aside.
- In a medium pan, combine wine, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cook on medium for about 10 minutes until a syrup is formed.
- Remove and let cool.
- To assemble; divide peaches among 4 wine glasses.
- Pour syrup over peaches and garnish with fresh mint if desired.
- Serve with biscotti.