- 3 1/2 lb skinned Chicken, cut up
- 3 tbl vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 x tomato, chopped
- 1 x seeded, diced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered saffron, Optional
- 3 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 x bay leaf
- 4 x quartered fresh California plums
- 4 cup cooked brown rice
- Saute Chicken in oil in large nonstick skillet, turning often until golden brown on all sides, about 12 minutes
- Add Onion, green pepper and garlic, then saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add tomato, jalapeno, saffron, stock and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add plums and rice;