Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 x Aji or Jalapeno chiles, chopped, stems and seeds removed
- 3 tbl Dried crushed red chiles (Piquin chiles) seeds included
- 1 tbl Achiote (red seeds of Annatto tree, available in Latin markets, or in some spice areas of grocers)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbl Olive oil
- 4 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lb Beef heart, cut into 1" cubes (substitute sirloin or Chicken breast)
- Simmer the Annatto and cumin seeds in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Strain the oil and discard the seeds.
- Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Marinate the meat in the mixture overnight, refigerated.
- Thread meat onto skewers and grill over charcoal