Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moist cake-like cookie full of nuts and raisins. This is modified from an old Mennonite Cookbook recipe from 1948.
- 1 C persimmon pulp
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 C butter, room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C chopped nuts
- 1 C raisins
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Sift dry ingredients together in large bowl and set to side.
- Mix soda and persimmon pulp together in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together, add egg blending well.
- Add persimmon mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in moderate oven 350 degrees for 15 to 20 min.