Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves six as a meal or 12 as an appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup cooked yellow split peas
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (16 ounces) jar grape leaves
- 1 cup water
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and mushrooms until soft.
- Add parsley and spices.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in split peas and rice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 3-quart baking dish with a few grape leaves to keep stuffed leaves from sticking and burning.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of rice mixture (depending on size of leaf) in the center of a grape leaf.
- Fold in sides, then roll leaf from stem to tip.
- Place in casserole.
- Repeat procedure with remaining grape leaves until rice mixture is used up.
- Pour water in bottom of dish (to prevent sticking and drying out).
- Bake for 25 minutes.