Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups long-grain white basmati rice
- 5 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, butter or ghee
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground saffron threads, dissolved in 2 Tbs. hot water, optional
- Edible flowers for garnish
1. Pick over rice, and carefully remove any grit. Wash rice by placing it in large container, and cover with warm water. Agitate rice grains gently with hands, and pour off water. Repeat 5 times, or until rice is completely clean.
4. Allow rice to cool for 5 minutes without uncovering cooker. Remove cover, and place large serving platter on top of cooker. Hold cooker and platter firmly
together, and turn over quickly to unmold. Garnish with edible flowers, and serve.