- 4 cups long-grain white basmati rice
- 5 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, butter or ghee
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground saffron threads, dissolved in 2 Tbs. hot water, optional
- Edible flowers for garnish
1. Pick over rice, and carefully remove any grit. Wash rice by placing it in large container, and cover with warm water. Agitate rice grains gently with hands, and pour off water. Repeat 5 times, or until rice is completely clean.
4. Allow rice to cool for 5 minutes without uncovering cooker. Remove cover, and place large serving platter on top of cooker. Hold cooker and platter firmly
together, and turn over quickly to unmold. Garnish with edible flowers, and serve.