Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A great vegetarian entree, this is a little bit spicy but can be adjusted to taste. Adapted from a recipe by Molly Katzen.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 (15.5 ounces) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (add more if you like)
- pita bread
- Add salt and other spices and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring.
- Stir in fruit juices, mixing well.
- Add tomato paste, blending in, and bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rinsed beans and peppers and cook for 20 minutes more, or until heated through and flavors have blended.
- Serve stuffed inside of split pita rounds like a sandwich.