Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I first had these on a trip to California with my friend and his sister. We had them picnic-style, served cold, with nane lavash, and chutney. You can serve them warm also. They are good as an appetizer as well as a main course.
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or lamb)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- Peel potatoes and dice.
- Boil potatoes in water for 15–20 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- Mash potatoes; allow to cool.
- Add ground beef, minced onion, salt, pepper, eggs, and spices (if desired) to potato and mix with your fingers until the consistency is dough-like.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of meat mixture and form into a small flat patty and dredge in breadcrumbs and set aside on waxed paper.
- Repeat with more meat mixture until you have quite a few made.
- Fry patties in shallow layer of oil, until they are cooked through and golden brown; drain on paper toweling.