- Toss chicken with paprika, cinnamon and cardamom.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice pilaf mix, contents of spice sack, broth, apricots, and orange zest; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in reserved chicken and almonds.
- Cover; continue to simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.