I found this recipe online, and had to post it here. I really really,really love recipes like this. My dad is from England, so he loves his rice pudding, and this is a really, nice twist on the plaid version! Hopefully, you and your family or guests will enjoy it as well!
- ¼ cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 (1 lbs) cans apricot halves in juice, drained
- 2 cups milk (approx.)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Have a 1 qt shallow bowl handy.
- Put the rice in blender, blending until fine.
- Pour into small bowl, add cornstarch and water, stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Pour the drained apricots in blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add just enough milk to total 4 cups (approximately 2 cups milk).
- Pour into a small saucepan and add sugarand the rice mixture.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly,until it comes to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in extracts.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour pudding into a bow,and allow to cool at room temperature for ½ hour, then chill.
- When pudding is cold,serve.